Wedding season. Sure, we’re happy for all our college friends getting married and we can’t wait to get our invites in the mail (steak for me, please, let’s hope it’s not another all-seafood buffet), but what we’re most excited for at Statements In Basements is the 2016 Spring Bridal looks! Tulle, sequins, veils, oh my! Here are our top favorite gowns from this season so far in no particular order. Did we miss any good ones? Let us know in the comments!
1. Anne Barge: Anne’s collection this year is full of gorgeous shapes to show off a woman’s body in a flattering way, hugging curves and cinching waists. With a sweetheart neckline and soft floral embroidery, this gown is classy and chic.
2) Caroline Herrera: Caroline didn’t get too carried away this year with embellishment, but we’re not even missing any extra bedazzle with this shapely, snow-white dress. Strapless with a full skirt, the belt hitting right at the waist gives an extra pop, as do the sparkly embellishments scattered on the body of the dress.
3) J. Mendel: The zig-zag drapery and thigh-high slit makes this dress stand out on its own but jacking up this model with a sweeping, elegant veil made this image picture-perfect.
4) Lela Rose: We love that Lela Rose didn’t go for anything too typical this season and instead created this beautifully wispy, whimsical gown with a full skirt.
5) Monique Lhuillier: This dress commands attention with illusion straps, white flowers dotting the chest and middle skirt, and layers of tulle swimming from the waistline.
6) Sachin and Babi: This sleek dress with a plunging neckline and full tulle skirt with big floral clusters fills the room and looks even more amped-up with pretty accessories.
7 & 8) Marchesa: Marchesa knows how to make anything look good and that’s no exception with these two stunners. With head-to-toe sparkles and intricate details dipping down into a mermaid skirt or pleated floor-length skirt, these Marchesa gowns have jeweled cap sleeves and swoon-worthy elements fit for any princess.