Hi! Welcome to Statements in Basements.
My name is Savannah and I am 21 years old, studying Arts Management (with a minor in Psychology) at a college in New York.
I’m artistically inept but creatively minded, so though I’m not an artist myself, I have been in love with everything art for as long as I can remember. Fashion inspires me, changes me, and stuns me every single day. Seeing people express themselves by using their body as a canvas is a true gift to the world because it is a brilliant form of art that takes creativity and passion.
I launched Statements In Basements in January of 2016 and have since fell in love with the fashion blogging community, which is full of warm, talented, empowering people who share my passion for fashion. At Statements In Basements, I post everything fashion including style icons, celebrity fashion coverage, designer spotlights, fashion lists, and tons more. Learn more about me below and have lots of fashion fun at Statements In Basements!
My favorite fashion resources…
- Polyvore, a website for creating “sets” of real clothing. I use it as a styling exercise and post lots of my sets here.
- Covet Fashion, an app for styling models for different events, locations, or trends using real designer clothes you can use for free in the game or actually purchase for yourself through the app.
- The Sartorialist, a brilliant street-style photography blog capturing fashion across the world.
- LookBook, an online platform for fashionistas to share their outfits and gain inspiration from each other.
My favorite things…
- Social media marketing (I help manage the social media accounts for the Career Development Center on my campus)
- Music (I contribute to Elmore Magazine by writing music news and album reviews. I’m also in the process of relaunching my own music review website, Buzz Artist)
- Reading (I’m a total bibliophile with my very own Bookstagram. Additionally, I am working to launch several personal projects devoted to advocating for children’s literacy)
- Baby animals
- Betsey Johnson (I have a growing collection of Betsey items… a few bags, a coat, lots of mini accessories, and a few pieces of jewelry)
- Pink and yellow
- Sun showers
- My nieces and nephews
- Dinosaurs (My sisters and I are pretty obsessed with dinosaurs, so I’ve got tons of dino stuff)
- My boyfriend (I love him!)
- Princess Belle (Pretty sure Belle and I are the exact same… brown hair, brown eyes, French, favorite color is yellow, we love to read, and we love to sing)
There’s the runway on the rooftop and then there’s the catwalk in the basement. Focusing on the underrated, understated, and underappreciated, Statements In Basements is a fashion blog meant to praise the talented, promote the underdogs, and premiere the new and exciting. We all worship at the heels of Coco Chanel’s wisdom and fawn over the iconic Audrey Hepburn style but did you know that some of today’s greatest street style doesn’t come from socialites or models but actresses and CEOs? Did you know that at just 23 years old, designer Pedro Lourenco already has a collaboration with NIKE?
Find your new favorite collection with my Designer Spotlight series, get inspired with my Style Icons, and read a few fun lists about killer style I’d love to snag from film and television.
Underrated. Understated. Underappreciated. Statements In Basements.